Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

What's Next? Catch Me by Lisa Gardner



Catch Me
Lisa Gardner
ARC - Release February 2012
Published by Dutton




Usually, I’d be getting ready to dive into some juicy zombie or post apoclyptic action right about now, but my mom was politely persisting (aka NAGGING!  Yeah, I said it Ma) I read my ARC of Catch Me by Lisa Gardner ASAP.  When asked why she’s rushing me to read it, she gave me some bullshit line about it almost being February and that’s the release date and I should be a good little girl and have it read by then so that I’m not, get this, “tardy”.

I’m 30.  I’m in the middle of a horrible divorce.  I’m living in my parents dining room, on a pull out couch, in a cabin in the woods and my concern should be about being tardy?

I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that my Ma has a shelf full of Lisa Gardner books and looooooooooves this author and genre.  I’m also sure it has nothing to do with the other bitties at her Monday night card games (who ALSO love Lisa Gardner) “finding out” that I may have the “new release” and she wants to look cool.  And of course, it also has nothing to do with the fact that my 7 month stint on my parents couch is up soon and I (aka my books) will be leaving in the next few weeks.

“Oh, is it almost the end of the month already?  You should read as much as possible before you go so you don’t have as many books to pack.  “

She’s been counting down the days until she gets her dining room back for months, and suddenly she forgot I’m leaving so soon.  Right.

I’ve read Lisa Gardner’s books before, but it’s been awhile, and I’ll be honest - all I remember is that I didn’t hate them.  I’m loving the tag line though -

“In four days, someone is going to kill me .. but the son of a bitch has gotta catch me first.  “

This one’s for you, Ma!

No comments:

Post a Comment